“If you can dream it, you can do it.” —Walt Disney
Motivation – The word motivation stems from the Latin word “movere” which means to move. Your motivation level is what helps you to achieve your goals and be successful.
Every individual living on this earth – has dreams – dreams of a fulfilling career, successful marriage, gather a fortune; but all these dreams can only be fulfilled if we are able to work for it and to be able to work for your dream – you need your inner fire burning. The motivation is the fire that
You do not need anyone to motivate you. You yourself are enough, but having said this – we are human beings in the end.
As a human our mind is wired to think negative first in all circumstances and here is where motivation dies a silent death. Every day when we get up, if we cannot feel motivated, we cannot achieve our dreams. Having said this, many of us struggle to keep our motivation levels up. We know what’s best for us, but we still struggle – does this seem like your life story? In fact, it is for many of us – who are just like you!
So what will get you on track? How will you stay motivated – here are some simple things that I do personally that help me sustain –
1) Analyze – if you want to stay motivated, start by analyzing your day. How do you react to circumstances? Do you take time out for your dream every day? Does it come on its own or is it a struggle? Understand where you are failing?
2) Talk to yourself – you are your own motivational speaker. Stand in the front of the mirror and give yourself a very motivational speech. If you cannot motivate yourself – no one else ever will be. Does not matter what you read or hear.
3) Fall into a routine – do what you love every day at the same time. When you do the same thing our body gets used to it and its easier to replicate it day after day and month after month
4) Measure every success – it takes time to reach your end goal, but every little success matters and should be celebrated and enjoyed. This will also help you stay on the track
5) Keep yourself accountable – get a mentor or a friend who can keep you accountable and can talk to you every day. Instead of knowing at a later stage that you were not doing well; you will receive day to day feedback.
Life is a balance of positives and negatives. It’s OK to fail but it’s never OK to give up on your dreams and not be motivated. Believe in the reality of your dreams and see them get fulfilled by your willpower and motivation.
About the Author
“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me.”
Hello! I am Princy ( Harneet; to many) wife, mother to 2 beautiful children. A bookworm, busy bee, traveller, foodie, cheerful crazy blogger and an optimist. At home by choice, and constantly trying to explore the new facets of this amazing life. Writing helps me unleash my thoughts, which otherwise will always be burrowed deep within my soul.