Do you ever think that you don’t have time for yourself? That you’re too busy with family, work, and everything else going on to even spend 5 minutes for yourself? It’s so important to schedule time in for self-care, to do things that you enjoy and to relax. You’ll find that it will improve all other areas of your life too by looking after yourself.
Since starting this journey I’ve been dedicated to scheduling time for self-care every week. What I now do is block out at least 3 evenings a week solely for self-care. I use this time to relax – have a bath, watch a film, or just spend an evening reading or simply relaxing. I find that it increases my productivity and mindset for my working time the rest of the week by spending this time for myself.
**This post contains affiliate links, to read the full disclosure click here
These are 5 of the things that I love to do during my self-care time. You can do anything that you enjoy or activities that relax you and make you feel refreshed.
1. A relaxing bath. I love to add magnesium flakes into my bath once a week and soak for 20 minutes to relax my mind and body. (Click here to order)
2. Watch a film
3. Read a book (Read: Personal Development Book Recommendations)
4. Social media detox
5. A home spa evening
Here’s a list of alternatives that you could do in your self-care time. You can also add your own if you enjoy other activities
6. Have a walk
7. Meditate (Click here for inspiration on Pinterest)
8. Have an early night
9. Enjoy a warm drink
10. Get creative
12. Volunteer with a charity
13. Listen to music
15. Take a nap
16. Treat yourself to something new
17. Yoga (Click here for inspiration on Pinterest)
18. Make a list of goals
19. Reflect on your life
20. Write a self-love list
21. Be grateful (Read: The Best Ways To Practice Gratitude)
22. Look at old pictures
24. Exercise (Click here for inspiration on Pinterest)
25. Light a candle
26. Listen to a podcast
27. Create a vision board
28. Read inspirational quotes (Click here for inspiration Pinterest)
29. Make a healthy smoothie
30. Learn something new
I hope some of these ideas inspire you to start making time to look after yourself, please let me know in the Facebook Community what ideas you tried and how you found them.